[Gambas-user] how to start a file?

Dimitris Anogiatis dosida at ...626...
Mon Sep 14 19:07:47 CEST 2009

Hey Robi,

What I described above is a way to store information in a configuration
file. what you need is different

Files are going to be attached where? Where is the pdf going to be stored?
in the same computer where
the project is running? or in a website?

To open a file with the default application, try using the gb.desktop
component and Desktop.Open() as Benoit suggested.

call it like this  Desktop.Open("file:///myPDF.pdf") if it is for a file or
                      Desktop.Open("http://myserver.com/myPDF.pdf") if the
file is on a server somewhere on the internet.