[Gambas-user] Profiler for Gambas projects

Sun Sep 13 17:32:47 CEST 2009

>>  I have many projects, with physics and math, different simulations,
>> experimental game, etc.
>>  Non of them do networking or uses database at this moment.
>>  So, I don't know how much profiler can help you with them, but I
>> guess in most cases very little.
>>
> At this point I can no more understand if you are pro- or anti-profiler. :-)

 I meant, I don't know how much profiler helps with projects where
bottleneck is networking or database.

> But, I can sum up my thought this way. I am pro-profiler (I think it is
> good), proof is that I described a way to implement it in gambas. But I
> wanted also to point out that a profiler is just a tool, like a
> debugger; only I find a debugger a "must have", and a profiler a "nice
> to have".

 I agree.
 Profiler is same to slow code, what debugger is to buggy code.
 Only different is, buggy code is usually useless, but slow code is
 *mostly* only annoying.

Jussi