[Gambas-user] Karmic sqlite problem.

Ron ron at ...1740...
Fri Oct 30 17:21:09 CET 2009

R. Stormo wrote:
> After installing ubuntu karmic I'm not able to start my program anymore. It
> uses sqlite.
> With default package from repo, 2.13 , I manage to open database manager . I
> can see the tables but when I press one of the tables it do hang.
> So I tried to download latest, 2.17. I'm not able to access database manager
> at all. I have installed all the lib's that are explaned on readthis site.
> This is what the output says after I hit the first screen ask to insert
> password/security key.
> --
> (gambas2-database-manager.gambas:2187): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:
> g_object_get_data: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
> --
>
> Please advise.
>

> -----
> Regards R. Stormo

I'm running Karmic too now, and I can use my software with MySQL
database on it, no problem.

But the database manager is acting quite strangely too here, after
creating the first connection (localhost, type mysql, sql user and
password, db name) it closed right after that.
When I reopened it, it works, that is I can view my the database layout
and table fields, but not their content (data tab) See attachment.
If I view the About window via ? menu item and click Ok, it closes
completely too, dunno if that is suppose to happen either.

I have to look into this some more if I can find the time.

No errors in my console screen.

[OperatingSystem]
OperatingSystem=Linux
KernelRelease=2.6.31-14-generic