[Gambas-user] Normal behaviour for GTK+?

nospam.nospam.nospam at ...626... nospam.nospam.nospam at ...626...
Tue Oct 13 23:01:19 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 18:58 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> > This has me pulling my hair out. I think I have narrowed the problem
> > down to the GTK+ toolkit for Gambas.
> >
> > If I create a GTK+ project and put a TextBox and a ValueBox on a form
> > and set their default values, when I tab to the TextBox I can over-type
> > the text, but when I tab to the ValueBox, the number I type is appended:
> >
> > For example, if the ValueBox contains 5000 and I type 7, the value
> > becomes 50007.
> >
> > However if I change the project to use a Qt GUI, it works as I expect,
> > i.e. if the ValueBox contains 5000 and I type 7, the value becomes 7. I
> > have been able to reproduce this behaviour.
> >
> > Is that normal for GTK+? Is there anything I can do short of using Qt?
> > Am I doing something wrong?
> >
> > Also, I can't find any documentation why I might use Qt in Gambas as
> > opposed to GTK+ in Gambas. Opinions on what is best and why will be
> > appreciated.
> >

> Which version of Gambas do you use?

V2.16.

>  I had to make an hack in gb.gtk recently
> to make all basic events (Mouse, Keyboard, Enter and Leave) behave the same
> way as in gb.qt. But the 2.17 is not released yet (I'm currently busy with a
> theatre play), but you can try /branches/2.0 in the svn repository.
>
> Can you make a little project for me that has the bug you describe? I will
> test it with the future 2.17, and I will see if the bug has gone.

I can make one a lot smaller than "little":

PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()

  ValueBox1.Value = 999

END

:)

Create a new GTK+ project with no options, drag a ValueBox to the
default form. When you run the app, tab into the ValueBox so that 999 is
selected then type another number.