[Gambas-user] Normal behaviour for GTK+?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Oct 13 18:58:30 CEST 2009

> This has me pulling my hair out. I think I have narrowed the problem
> down to the GTK+ toolkit for Gambas.
>
> If I create a GTK+ project and put a TextBox and a ValueBox on a form
> and set their default values, when I tab to the TextBox I can over-type
> the text, but when I tab to the ValueBox, the number I type is appended:
>
> For example, if the ValueBox contains 5000 and I type 7, the value
> becomes 50007.
>
> However if I change the project to use a Qt GUI, it works as I expect,
> i.e. if the ValueBox contains 5000 and I type 7, the value becomes 7. I
> have been able to reproduce this behaviour.
>
> Is that normal for GTK+? Is there anything I can do short of using Qt?
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Also, I can't find any documentation why I might use Qt in Gambas as
> opposed to GTK+ in Gambas. Opinions on what is best and why will be
> appreciated.

Which version of Gambas do you use? I had to make an hack in gb.gtk recently
to make all basic events (Mouse, Keyboard, Enter and Leave) behave the same
way as in gb.qt. But the 2.17 is not released yet (I'm currently busy with a
theatre play), but you can try /branches/2.0 in the svn repository.

Can you make a little project for me that has the bug you describe? I will
test it with the future 2.17, and I will see if the bug has gone.

Benoît Minisini