[Gambas-user] write to folder in windows network

Lee McPherson leemcpherson at ...626...
Fri Oct 9 21:43:52 CEST 2009

Bill-Lancaster wrote:
> Thanks for the advice but how do I "mount the path to the network directory"?
> I've no doubt the answers is simple but I've tried everything I can think
> of.  Thanks in advance
> Bill Lancaster
>
> Bill-Lancaster wrote:
>
>> My Gambas PC is attached to a Windows Network - how can I access files
>> there from a Gambas application?
>>
>> Thanks

Are you aware of the command line program:  smbmount?   Do a google
search on it or use man pages but the basics are to use it like this
(with your own options):

smbmount //server/share /localdir -o
username=user,password=pass,uid=500,gid=500

There's a way to put it directly into your /etc/fstab so you don't have
to run it manually each time you reboot but I forget the exact syntax at
the moment.

-Lee