[Gambas-user] write to folder in windows network

Fri Oct 9 18:51:03 CEST 2009

Bill-Lancaster ha scritto:
> Thanks for the advice but how do I "mount the path to the network directory"?
> I've no doubt the answers is simple but I've tried everything I can think
> of.  Thanks in advance
> Bill Lancaster
>
> Bill-Lancaster wrote:
>
>> My Gambas PC is attached to a Windows Network - how can I access files
>> there from a Gambas application?
>>
>> Thanks

This question is not gambas related: it is an operating system matter.
Moreover it has no simple answer - it depends on what your linux system
is, what file manager you use, what services are running. If you use
konqueror, there is a special bookmark like "Samba network" or whatever
(sorry, I don't remember the true name). If you use gnome, something
similar should exist. You will see nothing if network parameters are
wrong. If you use neither, then I don't know what to say. I could speak
about command-line tools, but this would take us far away.

Read documentation about linux, networking, and samba. Or, at least, be
more precise and tell something more about your system.

Take it easy, I am not flaming just you; but sometimes I see people who
ask, in this list, questions not gambas-related, like this. I ask
myself: where do these people come from, and where want they go, without
knowing that gambas runs on linux? And, knowing that, do they think they
can write applications without knowing what there is behind? I wonder of
this: before wanting to write an application which accesses other
computers (windows computers!) on the network, did you think just for a
minute about trying to access them without gambas?

Regards,
Doriano