[Gambas-user] Another question about Gambas on ARM

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Nov 26 17:13:24 CET 2009

> Hi !
>
> I'm still engaged on Gambas in ARM...
>
> This is my situation:
>
> I download the gambas source and I want to compile gambas for ARM 9 target.
>
> Usually I use a x86 linux machine for crosscompile my program.
> The crosscompile that I use is "arm-none-linux-gnuabi" .
>
> I configure the packet with this configure line (On the x86 Platform):
>
> ./configure --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi -C
> --prefix=/data/GEA_M6425/ltib/rootfs/usr/local/
>             --exec-prefix=/data/GEA_M6425/ltib/rootfs/usr/local/
> --with-sdl-includes=/usr/include/SDL/
>             --with-sdl-libraries=/usr/lib/
> --with-libxml-includes=/usr/include/libxml2
>              --with-xslt-includes=/usr/include/libxslt --disable-corba
> --disable-qte --disable-kde
>               --disable-sdl --disable-sdlsound --disable-xml
> --disable-v4l --disable-crypt
>               --disable-opengl --disable-corba --disable-image
> --disable-desktop --disable-mysql
>               --disable-odbc --disable-postgresql --disable-sqlite2
> --disable-sqlite3 --disable-firebird
>               --disable-gtk --disable-gtksvg  --disable-bzlib2
> --disable-zlib
>
> and the configure step ends without error.
>
> Next I "make" the source ,on the x86 platform yet ,and also this step
> ends without error.
>
> The situation is that now I have on the x86 some ARM's binaries like
> "gbi2", and when I
> "make install" the step ends with errors, because (I think !) the "make"
> invoke the gbi2 command
> that is an ARM binaries....
>
> If what I said is correct how I can do for port gambas on ARM ?
>
> Is correct to crosscompile the gcc compile for ARM and then made
> "./configure make make install"
> on the ARM platform ?
>
> Did Someone do this operation , and if yes which compiler used ?

Yes, the Gambas "make install" is special as it runs the Gambas compiler to
compile everything made in Gambas in the source package, and the informer
(gbi2) to create information about components.

But as the automatic ARM builder of Debian succeeded in making ARM packages
for Gambas, maybe Jose can tell you where (I don't remember the link) you can
see the output of the compilation process. Maybe you will see which flag to
use and when using them to make the installation process work.

Benoît Minisini