[Gambas-user] Questions about Gambas2 on ARM

Horst Günther Burkhardt III horst at ...2298...
Thu Nov 26 05:07:43 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 23:25 -0200, Leandro Santiago wrote:
> >> - There is a way to run gtk or qt based gambas apps without X server?
> >> Maybe with fbdev with special versions of gtk and qt?

No, but you may find it useful to use the kdrive minimal X server.

> I don't have a ARM machine too :-) But I'm trying on a emulator. I will
> try another distro (my debian is bugged :-)) and do more tests with
> "lastest gambas snapshot" from svn and I want to send more informations.

Well if you want to use the latest and greatest, dpkg is not the way to
go about it - just compile Gambas yourself.

(On a sidenote, gentoo is probably a nicer option for an ARM box than
any binary distro.)

> But today is Linux in arm fully - or officially - supported? Graphical
> components, etc?

Officially, most likely not - for want of brave testers like you to
report what works.

Graphical components depend on Gtk or Qt, which in turn have their own
dependencies. As I said, the best way to deal with that particular issue
is to use kdrive.

Good luck, and let us know how you go! I'd personally love Gambas to
work on Windows Mobile on my Xscale so I can do some programming for my
phone :)

-- Horst