[Gambas-user] rpmbuild and install package

D. L. Fox ubuntu at ...2332...
Thu Nov 26 00:28:21 CET 2009

Howdy, everyone. I've been using Gambas for about a month but only
joined the list about a week ago. I've really enjoyed playing around
with Gambas.

I used Windows (as well as Linux) and was a VB programmer (among other
languages) for years until I finally couldn't take it anymore and
ditched everything MS. I now run *only* Linux.

I was writing a blackjack card game in Gambas, just for kicks and
giggles, to see how it works. However, when I attempted to make an
installation package, the only options I had available were Debian and
Ubuntu. Fedora, Mandriva, OpenSUSE and Slackware were disabled with the
message "rpmbuild is missing". I installed the librpmbuild package in
Synaptic but I still get the same message.

Is that the wrong package, or is there something else I am missing? Is
it because I'm using Gambas3 and not the stable version? I'm running on
Ubuntu 9.10.

Mind you, this isn't anything critical. I'm not doing any type of
production work. I'm just writing this as an exercise and for my own
amusement.

Thanks for any advice you can give this Gambas newbie.