[Gambas-user] Frame where the first item is not Enabled - focus problem

bbb888 bbruen at ...2308...
Wed Nov 25 05:53:01 CET 2009

bbb888 wrote:

> In this form I have
> - several misc controls
> - a textarea
> - a frame (with several checkboxes and buttons)
> - a listview
> in that order in the heirarchy.
>
> In certain conditions, the first item in the frame has it's Enabled
> property set to false.
> When this happens and I tab from the textarea to the frame (in actual fact
> it's done in code using textarea.Next.SetFocus as I have to trap TAB
> keys), the focus does not go to the first enabled item in the frame.  In
> fact, it seems to disappear* and a second tab moves the focus to the first
> control in the form, not the listview.
> * even the listview_GotFocus handler is never invoked.
>
> If the first item in the frame is enabled, the form "works".
>
> Is this expected behaviour?  If not, do you think it is something in
> gambas or in the KDE style (Highcolor Classic) that I am using ?
>
> tia
> Bruce
>
> Update: I've tried changing the Frame to a Panel, but apart from losing my
> title the problem remains.

OK, Ive solved it with

  IF Panel2.Children[0].Enabled THEN
    Panel2.Children[0].SetFocus
  ELSE
    Panel2.Children[1].SetFocus
  ENDIF

but I wouldn't have thought I'd need to go to thgat extreme?