[Gambas-user] Gambas as firefox plugin !!!

nospam.nospam.nospam at ...626... nospam.nospam.nospam at ...626...
Wed Nov 25 05:52:48 CET 2009

Steven revimmo wrote:
> You are a funny guy ;-)

> I do read what Benoit has to say, it's much more interesting as your
> post, but not so funny.

I'm glad I made you smile.

>> They are questions, not assertions.
>>
>>> that would give us
>>> an excellent platform with gambas to make cloud applications !
>>
>> The "cloud" is a buzzword for storing your very private super sekrit
>> stuff, such as pictures of your nekkid lover where your wife can't
>> find them, on a server that offers no guarantee of any privacy
>> whatosever, let alone any availability. Perhaps you are recently new
>> to the world of computing?
>>

> Are you aware that there are also 'cloud' applications that don't run
> with Google, you can run them
> on your own server (like eyeOS) so your problem only exists if you
> limit
> the sky to Google.

Yes.

>>> Steven
>>> ps: and you would not need any 'plugins' for Firefox, Ie or any
>>> other browser.
>>
>> You assume that MS would convert windows to widgets?
>>

> No, not MS, and yes... I'm aware that everything is a window in the
> ms-world, so what ?
> That is just a question of terminology.

Being new to Linux I don't know enough about widgets to honestly answer.

>> And kill their own monoply by their own free choice.
>>
>> Are you aware that even such a lowly entity as a label is a window in
>> Windows?
>>
>> Perhaps not.
>>

> Perhaps I might suggest you take a look at eyeOS, learn a bit, and
> then report back here.
> If you don't I might be even happier.

Yes, I took a look at it the other day. I don't think I'd ever be
comfortable with the idea that the whole system lives in a web browser.
Crikey, Internet Exploder is a web browser!