[Gambas-user] keep forms into a form

Tue Nov 24 11:59:01 CET 2009

nospam.nospam.nospam at ...626... ha scritto:
> Fabien Bodard wrote:

>> So, i think you can try to construct your interface around this idea
>>

> Oh, good grief! I would never do such a thing!

I think he would mean "construct your interface around this new idea",
i.e. tabs, not old MDI.

It seems to me that this MDI interface is too much criticized. The
classic workspace has its limits too; perhaps something in the middle
should be the best. Think at your desktop: isn't it an MDI interface?
Win32, gnome, kde, all are MDI interfaces. How would you feel with a
desktop made up as a gambas workspace?

If an app has something in common with a desktop (ie, many windows, of
many types, and drag and drop between them), then an MDI interface is
not so bad.

Just trying to see the other face of the coin - if all the people say
MDI is bad, why one should join without thinking a little more?

Regards,
Doriano