[Gambas-user] Gambas as firefox plugin !!!

Steven revimmo steven at ...1652...
Tue Nov 24 10:07:23 CET 2009

Hi,

I think it would be the best thing ever.
I did a lot of gambas development for one of my companies.
The problem came with installation. We have sites all over France and
all kinds of systems
(Linux, Max, Windoze, ... whatever)

I just could not maintain all that, it was to much work, to much
traveling.

So, I switched to eyeOS ( http://www.eyeos.org ). A cloud system that
works very nice.
It's true, the only thing really in common on all the user systems is a
browser, and I think
IE and Firefox are compatible enough to make things running smoothly.

In eyeOS, the server-side is completely done in PHP, which is a nice
language.
It would, however be great to be able to use gambas there.

This means that the widgets they made (eyeOS team) should communicate
with gambas in
stead of php. That would not be very hard to do, I think.
However, the widgets they have now, do not have to do much with the
quality of f.i. Qt widgets.
As an example : The combo box only allows a list of items to choose
from, not to enter
new items. The grid-control is really really extremely basic.

But it should be possible to improve that easy (if you know javascript /
ecma ) well.
F.i. the widgets of http://www.tecnick.com are a LOT better, I don't
know there policy, but
if one could use them, writing the gambas part would be a piece of
cake !

So, for me it boils down to a question of widgets, a surmountable
problem, that would give us
an excellent platform with gambas to make cloud applications !

Steven
ps: and you would not need any 'plugins' for Firefox, Ie or any other
browser.