[Gambas-user] Licensing problems in Gambas

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Nov 19 16:16:33 CET 2009

On Thursday 19 November 2009 09:52 am, Toni wrote:
> If NC or NC are choosen then the resulting Creative commons license
> can't be considered a free license. Further I think that some people
> won't consider as a "valid free license" a Creative commons  with
> condition of Attribution (BY).

The CC-BY license is essentially a BSD-style license for non-code uses, and
CC-BY-SA is meant as a copyleft like the GPL, though it's fundamentally
less stringent because it doesn't require source materials to be provided
(I've been looking for that kind of license for my music for years and no
one has come up with one, probably because of the difficulty in
establishing what constitutes source materials for artistic works).

As far as BY goes, there are no CC licenses without attribution anymore,
see here:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/

Rob