[Gambas-user] Licensing problems in Gambas

Toni arosa at ...2015...
Thu Nov 19 15:52:03 CET 2009

I would go for the GNU Free Documentation License (GNU FDL
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html)

Creative commons (CC) isn't a bad choice either and it's quite popular
nowadays. But it has 2 issues, the first one is that it isn't exactly
the same in every country, and the second is that when choosing a CC
license, you have to take a combination of the four major conditions:
- Attribution (BY): if selected the use of materials will have to
contain attribution to the original author.
- Share Alike (SA):  if selected derivative works will have to be
released under the same or a similar license (later or jurisdiction
version).
- Non-Commercial (NC): if selected no commercial work can be done with
the material.
- No Derivative Works (ND): if selected no Derivative works of the
material are allowed.

If NC or NC are choosen then the resulting Creative commons license
can't be considered a free license. Further I think that some people
won't consider as a "valid free license" a Creative commons  with
condition of Attribution (BY).

Regards,
Toni

En/na Werner ha escrit: