[Gambas-user] Licensing problems in Gambas

David Villalobos Cambronero david_villalobos_c at ...43...
Thu Nov 19 15:05:36 CET 2009

Maybe not too usefull but....

1- Can we use GPL 3 for wiki?

2- I think the first stet will be write a mail to www.ibpp.org and ask them for permition. :) And we can make a list of all gb.db.firebird users to see if they how many their are, and maybe write a Letter in name of all of them to let know their will to use Firebird & Gambas.

 Regards

--
David

----- Original Message ----
From: Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>
To: gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Thu, November 19, 2009 6:09:52 AM
Subject: [Gambas-user] Licensing problems in Gambas

Hi,

There are two licensing problems in Gambas that must be solved.

1) The first one should not be difficult: we must find a license for the
gambas wiki documentation that makes it free. I need suggestions...

2) The bad problem: gb.db.firebird uses two sources files from www.ibpp.org
whose license (the Borland Interbase Public License) is not compatible with
the GPL. This point was raised by Kelly Hopkins, the maintainer of the gnu.org
free software directory. I'm afraid Gambas will have to lose firebird support,
but maybe we should ask www.ibpp.org about that. I need help there too!

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Benoît Minisini