[Gambas-user] Licensing problems in Gambas

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Nov 19 13:09:52 CET 2009

Hi,

There are two licensing problems in Gambas that must be solved.

1) The first one should not be difficult: we must find a license for the
gambas wiki documentation that makes it free. I need suggestions...

2) The bad problem: gb.db.firebird uses two sources files from www.ibpp.org
whose license (the Borland Interbase Public License) is not compatible with
the GPL. This point was raised by Kelly Hopkins, the maintainer of the gnu.org
free software directory. I'm afraid Gambas will have to lose firebird support,
but maybe we should ask www.ibpp.org about that. I need help there too!

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Benoît Minisini