[Gambas-user] XML-RPC component bug?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Nov 19 13:10:48 CET 2009

> Hi,
> I'm having problems with the XML-RPC component.
> The same piece of code (and actually the compiled program too) works
> fine in one computer an gives an error in another.
>
> System where it works: Ubuntu 9.10 32bits
> System where it fails: Ubuntu 8.10 64bits
> Both systems have the same Gambas version: Gambas 2.17 (revision 2415)
>
> With exactly the same XML, the RpcStruct that the RpcClient.Call method
> returns is alright in one of the systems but in the other, all its
> dataType are incorretly set to xStruct, and so I always get "Type
> mismatch: wanted XXX got RpcStruct instead" when trying to use the
> "Value" property.
>
> Is it a bug in the component? Does the component relay on a system
> package that is broken in one of my two systems? If so, which one?
>
> Thanks!
> Toni
>
> P.S. Maybe it's already "doable", but I think that it would be really
> nice if there was the possibility of "stepping into" the Gambas
> components code while debugging an application.

Hi,

I tried your project on my Mandriva 2010.0 32 bits and on my Ubuntu 9.10 64
bits, and I don't have any error. I use the latest revision, but it should not
make any difference with revision 2415. So, it is strange.

Can you try to recompile Gambas from scratch on the faulty system?

--
Benoît Minisini