[Gambas-user] XML-RPC component bug?

Ron ron at ...1740...
Wed Nov 11 08:54:05 CET 2009

Toni wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm having problems with the XML-RPC component.
> The same piece of code (and actually the compiled program too) works
> fine in one computer an gives an error in another.
>
> System where it works: Ubuntu 9.10 32bits
> System where it fails: Ubuntu 8.10 64bits
> Both systems have the same Gambas version: Gambas 2.17 (revision 2415)
>
> With exactly the same XML, the RpcStruct that the RpcClient.Call
> method returns is alright in one of the systems but in the other, all
> its dataType are incorretly set to xStruct, and so I always get "Type
> mismatch: wanted XXX got RpcStruct instead" when trying to use the
> "Value" property.
>
> Is it a bug in the component? Does the component relay on a system
> package that is broken in one of my two systems? If so, which one?
>
> Thanks!
> Toni
>
> P.S. Maybe it's already "doable", but I think that it would be really
> nice if there was the possibility of "stepping into" the Gambas
> components code while debugging an application.

Strange behavior indeed.

After talking to Daniel Campos Fernández to author of the component
stating that he didn;t have the time to code,
I started to debug it and wrote some fixes (with help of Benoit) to make
the xmlrpc component work again in revision 1906, (not the year ;-) ),
but there could be a bug or two left unfixed of course.

It was hard to debug then, I have added a lot of DEBUG statements to the
component to do that, and removed them afterwards.

I use xmlrpc in my project, and it worked in Ubuntu 9.04 both 32 and 64
bits, and Ubuntu 9.10 32 bits.

It uses the libxml2 library so maybe that's the cause, but thats a guess.

Regards,
Ron_2nd.