[Gambas-user] PING > Benoît (ServerSocket)

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at ...626...
Fri Nov 6 08:53:03 CET 2009

Ron a écrit :
> Kad Mann wrote:

>>> May be a RAM is corrupted, running a full memtest86+ could reveal that
>>> (well @ least 2 tests: while physically swapping RAMs between tests in order
>>> to completely test low addresses of the 1st one)
>>>
>> Gawd! I've got 8Gig to test. I'll take the advice, just to make sure but
>> the problem has happened on two machines with the very same symptoms.
>> Thanks.
>>

> Just thinking out loud maybe it helps.
>
> You talked about a Windows machine at one end, maybe also check its
> firewall and antivirus settings, if any.
> I know for example Kaspersky 2010 sits between all the network
> connections you have, maybe some strange pattern is seen as evil, and
> the connection gets cut off in the middle. Check logs.

Yeah, absolutely right.

Moreover, back in 2001, norton antivirus clobbered the network (10Mb)
down from 780KB/s to 140KB/s even after uninstallation (!)

--
I'd love to kiss you, but I just washed my hair.
		-- Bette Davis, "Cabin in the Cotton"