[Gambas-user] packaging

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Nov 1 15:38:30 CET 2009

> Hello Benoît,
>
> Now the packaging is OK since the fakeroot is added.
> When I run the install file then it works.
>
> When I start my installed application, it doesn't work (refers to missing
> mysql driver).
> Even worst, when I start gambas it also doesn't work anymore. It comes
> directly after running the installation package file.
> -------------------------------------
> ERROR: #27: Cannot load component 'gb.form.dialog': cannot find library
>  file -------------------------------------
> I confirmed the same thing on 2 different PC with ubuntu 9.04 and on the
> second with ubuntu 9.10. Always the same.
>
> Gambas comes back after running the Computer Janitor and removing first my
> application and also the proposed gambas components.
>
> I attach the package file, if you are brave enough to risk to reproduce the
> error :-)
> (The source is also included, I think)
> Thanks if you have time to have a look on it.
>
> Regards, Robi

You must use at least Gambas 2.14 to be able to add a dependency on
gb.db.mysql in your project. The bug has been fixed in that release.

The package you created will install all the dependencies needed to run *your*
program, but not the Gambas IDE. If you want to run the Gambas IDE on the
destination system, you must install the gambas2-ide package.

If you have installed the gambas2-ide package, and can't run Gambas, then the
package is buggy.

Benoît Minisini