[Gambas-user] Possible Error In EXEC and SHELL cmd: kdesu vs gksu

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun May 24 22:42:38 CEST 2009

> This is the example very simple, but it only works 10% of the time.
>
> Benoît, can you see if there is a problem.
>
> I know about using Input Output instead of Read write. But this example
> only works sometimes. Very strange.
>
> It when it fails it does not wait for a password entry.
>
> I have even used the console example and changed the EXEC line to INPUT
> OUTPUT. And it produces the same error.
>
> Any thoughts.
>
> Steven.

If I run your project in the IDE, it always fail because something not yet
identified send a "return" to the "su" process.

But if I run it inside a terminal, it works as expected.

So there is something strange there...

--
Benoît