[Gambas-user] Feature Request - Package Management

Sergio A. Hernandez info.geex at ...626...
Wed May 20 03:16:24 CEST 2009

The idea itself sound nice, a unique way to install your favorite
application.
But, the concept is a contradiction to what Linux: is almost 300 different
distros most of them active. 1000s of diferent projects, manuals, tutorials,
books, etc.

Some people think that is one of the weakest links of Linux, that all we are
divided in several distros and several projects. But I think is what make
Linux so attractive, the freedom to use whatever desktop, software, distro,
etc you want. Who cares if Linux will never beat Windows?
Me and my family use Linux and we love it, and is what really matters.

On my opinion, of the two major distros (Ubuntu & OpenSuse) the one that
makes your life easier is Ubuntu, some time ago I just give up to have the
latest and greatest version of Gambas and other projects, I try to be
patient and wait to the ubuntu package.
*BTW, when is going to be ready the newest Gambas packages for Ubuntu???????
*
:-) have a nice day.