[Gambas-user] Feature Request - Package Management

KhurramM kmsuse at ...626...
Tue May 19 09:07:50 CEST 2009

Hi all!

I dont know, if its possible, but I like to have a installer like:

gambas-3.1.2-install.bin or gambas-3.1.2-install.sh

for every new release (stable or unstable), for all linuxes.

Advantages:

1> Faster updating.
2> Faster bug fixing (as every one uses it).
3> More documentation to configure and use.
4> Choice to use any version .... any-time.
5> Be independent of compiling and dependency seeking.
6> Single repos for all linux-variants.
7> Easy downgrading, if required.
8> Easy testing of a unstable release.
9> Installing as a core-package rather then a dependent.
10> More helps available.

Just as sun offers jdk and jre releases fro linuxes.

Installer and un-installer packages be also available in the same format.

Please Agree!:-) Thanks in advance.

Currently I am on hardy, and I dont find it comfortable to compile.

Best Regards to all..