[Gambas-user] kdesu vs gksu

David Villalobos Cambronero david_villalobos_c at ...43...
Mon May 18 23:27:19 CEST 2009

Hi,

  If Application.Env["KDE_FULL_SESSION"] Then
    Shell "kdesu " & Command
  Else If Application.Env["GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID"] Then
    Shell "gksu " & Command
  Endif

 Saludos

--
David

----- Original Message ----
From: Jesus Guardon <jguardon at ...2035...>
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 3:20:29 PM
Subject: [Gambas-user] kdesu vs gksu

Yes, I know it may be a little off-topic, but the question is:

I need to launch a process with root privileges from SHELL command in
Gambas. Users of my application can have Gnome or KDE, so I don't know
which command I must issue to get it to work.

Is there a way to choose between either gksu o kdesu commands at runtime?
I've figured it out if it could be something like:

  SHELL "gksu | kdesu -u root 'some_command'"

or

SHELL "gksu -u root 'some_command' | kdesu -u root 'some_command'"

Regards

Jesús