[Gambas-user] kdesu vs gksu

Jesus Guardon jguardon at ...2035...
Mon May 18 23:20:29 CEST 2009

Yes, I know it may be a little off-topic, but the question is:

I need to launch a process with root privileges from SHELL command in
Gambas. Users of my application can have Gnome or KDE, so I don't know
which command I must issue to get it to work.

Is there a way to choose between either gksu o kdesu commands at runtime?
I've figured it out if it could be something like:

  SHELL "gksu | kdesu -u root 'some_command'"

or

SHELL "gksu -u root 'some_command' | kdesu -u root 'some_command'"

Regards

Jesús