[Gambas-user] Re port for Gambas

Marc Miralles marc at ...2075...
Tue May 12 14:29:24 CEST 2009

yes Sergio, it works perfectly on gambas. I Think at this moment is a
good solution for make reports in gambas

I test this in gambas 2.12

Here the code in gambas, it's very easy:

PUBLIC FUNCTION kugar
    DIM flname AS String
    DIM hfile AS file

    flname = User.home & "/gambas//projectname//reports/test.kdf"
    IF Exist(flname) THEN KILL flname
      OPEN flname FOR WRITE CREATE AS #hFile
        'Make Kugar file data in XML
        PRINT #hfile, "<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>"
        PRINT #hfile, ""
        PRINT #hfile, "<!DOCTYPE KugarData ["
        PRINT #hfile, "    <!ELEMENT KugarData (Row* )>"
        PRINT #hfile, "    <!ATTLIST KugarData"
        PRINT #hfile, "        Template CDATA #REQUIRED>"
        PRINT #hfile, ""
        PRINT #hfile, "    <!ELEMENT Row EMPTY>"
        PRINT #hfile, "    <!ATTLIST Row"
        PRINT #hfile, "        level CDATA #REQUIRED"
        PRINT #hfile, "        title CDATA #REQUIRED"
        PRINT #hfile, "        version CDATA #REQUIRED"
        PRINT #hfile, "        platform CDATA #REQUIRED"
        PRINT #hfile, "        copies CDATA #REQUIRED>"
        PRINT #hfile, "]>"
        PRINT #hfile, ""
          ' here you can replace next lines for a  "for each in...." and
replace fields with mysq result and add some rows
        PRINT #hfile, "<KugarData Template='test.ktf'>"
        PRINT #hfile, "    <Row level= '0' title= 'BRU' version= '15.0'
platform= 'x86' copies= '1'/>"
        PRINT #hfile, "    <Row level= '0' title= 'Caldera Open Linux'
version= '2.2' platform= 'x86' copies= '3'/>"
        PRINT #hfile, "</KugarData>"
      CLOSE #hFile
    Message.Info("File Created", "OK")
    SHELL "kugar " & flname