[Gambas-user] We should offer online Gambas courses!

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Tue Mar 31 13:17:53 CEST 2009

> Would it be possible to have both solutions? I mean:
>
> 1) A web site to enter well-commented and well-written pieces of code, tagged
> so that searching is easy.

Like my 3 year beginning project with gambasforge.net ... but i've
really no time to purchass (the code is still available)
 a http://vbfrance.com style.. is a good exemple of well tagged system.

> 2) An http interface so that the IDE can use these pieces of code as project
> examples automatically.
this is a good idea

> We must have two types of examples. A full Gambas project that will be used as
> is by the IDE, or a little piece of code inside one Form, or a Module. Then
> the IDE will create a temporary project to open it.

I see how to doing that ... but not how to have time for that ...

So to summarize a good site
that allow user to store well commented and revised sources
a tag system that simplify search

an http external interface that return inline version (xml ?)  of a
registered piece of code for the ide

well it's simple

i think i can manage that in gambas but i need a server ! i can't
continue on gambasforge because of the slow of the gambas maj... on
it.

- on this server there is the need of a db mysql or psql.
- imagemagick
- gambas2-3
- a way to send mail.

that's all

then there is different part donne in gambasforge

-usermanagement
-codemanagement
-codeshower

but i know there is many job to do... to perferct all of that.

fabien