[Gambas-user] We should offer online Gambas courses!

jbskaggs jbskaggs at ...1871...
Tue Mar 31 10:05:49 CEST 2009

I am not saying people should charge for tutorials, I am saying that it would
not be unreasonable if they did. Benoit has done a momentous amount of work
in creating Gambas.  ANd Richard's idea about annodated code is a great one-
except for one flaw.

That flaw is for the beginner without a systematic method of learning the
language the odds are stacked against him /her.

But like I said earlier why not have both?

SOme people can see an example and go OH that's how it works- and others
need more help.  Good example: Algebra why can't kids just look at the
example and understand it?   Even when the example has comments the children
have a hard time following- but with guided instruction and guided questions
and answers then child is more likely to understand the math.

Same works for adults not everyone does well solo with a textbook.

Plus another problem is when people just cut and paste code without knowing
what all the code is for becuase they are told it does x but in reality it
does xyz.

As far as more work for Benoit I am trying to come up with a way to lighten
the load. :)

I rreally do understand what you are saying, but I think people are thinking
I a looking to replace a current method.  I am not I want to another
resource to the same methods. For the dummies like my self.

JB