[Gambas-user] We should offer online Gambas courses!

charlesg charles at ...1784...
Tue Mar 31 09:44:29 CEST 2009

Hi all,

As one of the great unwashed (i.e. less proficient) Gambas users, I must say
that I prefer Richards approach using annotated code examples at a simple
level. I don't really feel comfortable with the idea of a paid-for tutorial
system and feel that 'we' as a user base should freely contribute to the
project. There is no chance of us ever equaling the stupendous contribution
of Benoit and to consider charging for any contribution that we make is, I
feel, not in the spirit of Gambas.

I wrote a small intro tutorial to Gambas which features quite well on a
Google search. I put it on a Wordpress blog so that I could get some stats.
It is currently viewed about 300 times a month.

Benoit has also kindly used a program of mine as a Gambas example. The
examples in Gambas could be extended with a beginners section although I
could see this ending up as being yet more work for Benoit.

rgds