[Gambas-user] database updates with "&" in personname field

Bruce bbruen at ...2090...
Fri Mar 13 03:08:34 CET 2009

Hi guys,

I am having a lot of trouble with this.

I am trying to update a "temporary" table, say "tmp" in postgresql on a name matching basis using the gb.db.form databrowser control.  Essentially I have a little app where the user opts to add a name or match a name.  This app updates "tmp" setting flags based on the user's choice for a row.

It works fine and dandy most of the time and I have even figured out how to successfully cope with the O'Sullivans and O'Briens.  However, I am not winning at all when it comes to names like "Dick & Jane Smith".

When the databrowser tries to update the row I get a busy cursor and the row update never completes.  The composite name field is the primary key on the tmp table by the way.

I can update the row using the gambas database manager (which OK is not using the databrowser).  Also what is important here is that it is not the name field that is being updated, just the two boolean fields for add and match.

Can anyone give me some pointers here?

tia
Bruce