[Gambas-user] No EXEC Output but Works in Terminal

Richard Gladman richard at ...2079...
Tue Mar 3 23:52:59 CET 2009

A Person wrote:
> Good Day . . .
>
> I am using Gambas 2.8.2-1ubuntu1.
>
> I wrote a program that randomly displays a line from a text file. The
> code worked in pure Gambas but then I tried to improve it! (Ho Ho Ho)
>
> I searched around and I came up with and modified an executable BASH
> script (test.sh) that worked substantially faster than my code so I
> tried to incorporate it into the source code.
>
> During my testing I continuously ran tests in a terminal and
> everything worked perfectly with the script. I tried it in my code using
>
> ## EXEC ["~/test.sh"] to sOutPut or EXEC ["~/./test.sh"] to sOutPut
>
> and nothing worked. sOutPut was always "".
>
> The attached tar file contained a small program that contains an
> example EXEC problem code. A modified test.sh script is included along
> with a dummy data file, words.txt.
>
> Any ideas about the EXEC problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H

I tried your code and got the same results as you did. Changing the To
sOutPut to a WAIT revealed an error message that it couldn't find the
script. I corrected the path to the script in the EXEC line and it worked.

Hope this helps

Richard.

--
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
(How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?)

Registered Linux User: #459086