[Gambas-user] question about gambas2-runtime

Dimitris Anogiatis dosida at ...626...
Mon Mar 2 01:00:30 CET 2009

When gambas generates the debian/ubuntu package it takes care of all
the gambas-related dependencies.

attached is a png screenshot of what kpackage says about a dummy deb package
I created with gambas. You'll see all the gambas related dependencies are
there.

if your program shell's or exec's to other programs that you might need to
make sure
they are installed or need any external dependencies that's a different
story.

They way I deal with something like that in my programs is that I use shell
to check whether the program is installed or not, with something like this:

 SHELL("which amixer") TO tmpRes

if I get a response it's there if not It's not and I message the user to
install
it before continuing

Hope it helps.

Dimitris