[Gambas-user] Format$ with different LANG

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jun 26 12:35:44 CEST 2009

> Pino Zollo let me know that there is probably an error in
> /usr/share/i18n/locales/it_IT.utf8
>
> -------
> LC_NUMERIC
> decimal_point             "<U002C>"
> thousands_sep             ""             <---------- (empty string, not
> SPACE) grouping                  0;0
> END LC_NUMERIC
> --------------
>
> I do not have that file, but instead other two, but with the same error.
> Perhaps we can contact the author,
> It seems strange to me that a danish guy (the author of that file is
> danish) made the same mistake on spanish, italian, french (and probably
> all the rest of Europe...) which, I think, share the same conventions
> about numbers; so someone who knows glibc better than me could verify,
> before contact him.
> I will try to correct it_IT file and verify, just for curiosity, but if
> someone else knows the matter better, please let me know...
>
> Another question is this. I was misguided by the fact that KDE has its
> own locale management: it lets you to change locale settings, and I
> played with those settings to investigate - but gambas does not seem to
> use them. Should gambas use KDE settings when using QT, or when using
> the GUI switcher?
>
> Regards,

The better would be fixing the glibc locales. An there is hope as I noticed
that the french data separator has been fixed!

To everyone:

Do not hesitate to report bugs to bug-glibc-locales at ...181... (the mail is . Use
the "locale" program to list the locale data associated with your country.

For example:

$ locale -k LC_TIME fr_FR.UTF-8

And check Wikipedia before to verify that you are really right about your
country's standards (sometimes we are surprised!)

Benoît