[Gambas-user] IDE Improvement Suggestion

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Thu Jun 25 18:59:54 CEST 2009

On Thursday 25 June 2009, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> > I'm always harping on about the difficulty of accessing forms on the side
> > tree when one has many many dozens of forms, takees to scroll down and for
> > your eye to locate them, then have to either click or ctrl_click to load.
> >
> > Suggestion: Emulate a firefox folder bookmark button on the IDE bar, put
> > a 'bookmark this file' option on the popup menu and add the module name to
> > the list which appears when you click the bookmark button.
> >
> > That way when working on a smalish number of forms from within your
> > project, access would be quick and easy.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Richard.
> >

> I think I will actually allow the user to organize his source files as he
> likes. To do that, I will have to store source files in their own sub-
> directory, not inside the project root directly. Then it will be possible to
> create folders, sub-folders, and so on. The compiler must be aware of that
> too.
>
> Regards,

Using subdirectories inside the project would be very nice.
Can you take care that it is allowed to use symbolic links
to directories somewhere else on th box?
That way you can build rapid a new project on snippit code blocks
by symlinks and a new main form in the project itself.

Best regards,

Ron_1st

--

111.111111 x 111.111111 = 12345.678987654321