[Gambas-user] IDE Improvement Suggestion

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Jun 25 16:34:11 CEST 2009

> I'm always harping on about the difficulty of accessing forms on the side
> tree when one has many many dozens of forms, takees to scroll down and for
> your eye to locate them, then have to either click or ctrl_click to load.
>
> Suggestion: Emulate a firefox folder bookmark button on the IDE bar, put
> a 'bookmark this file' option on the popup menu and add the module name to
> the list which appears when you click the bookmark button.
>
> That way when working on a smalish number of forms from within your
> project, access would be quick and easy.
>
> Regards
>
> Richard.

I think I will actually allow the user to organize his source files as he
likes. To do that, I will have to store source files in their own sub-
directory, not inside the project root directly. Then it will be possible to
create folders, sub-folders, and so on. The compiler must be aware of that
too.

Benoît