[Gambas-user] integer / string file IO issue

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jun 8 07:19:45 CEST 2009

> > > I'm not sure, but I guess so. I was working on the networking
> > > component, so I was busy. Now I'm free to look at that bug!
> > >
> > > Regards,
> >
> > OK, the bug is fixed in revision #2005!
> >
> > This was not a 64 bits bug, but two uninitialized flags that made INPUT
> > (and LINE INPUT) becoming bad only on 64 bits systems.
>
> Well, I am going to say a big thankyou mate, it's working, oh and as for
> those really large arrays, I descovered the beauty of resize. Learn
> something everyday hey. I will leave you with one last idea for
> improvement, perhaps extending the MAX and MIN commands beyond 2
> arguments. Anyways, enjoy your day, now I can get to the hard stuff.
>
> Beren

Min() and Max() had a variable number of arguments in the past. But I noticed
that most of the time, you use it with two arguments, and having a fixed
number of arguments makes them faster.

Benoît