[Gambas-user] GAMBAS2 APPLICATION WORKS FINE IN UBUNTU BUT NOT IN OPENSUSE/FEDORA

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jun 2 15:09:49 CEST 2009

> Hi,
>
> I'm going to deploy an appliction gambas2/mysql based in a freenx server
> (i'm not sure if  I'll ubuntu server or other distros server yet). I
> prefer ubuntu but maybe the customer say someone else. I've tryed to run
> the app in last fedora/opensuse editions, but I got the same fail in
> both.
>
> The app run with gtk libraries, and when a I try to do something like
> Table.Clear() (table is a gridview control) the app crash. At the
> console, I can read something like "it's not an valid executable file"
> or sometimes "/usr/lib64/thenameofmyapplication" not found.
>
> The Clear() method works fine in other places at the same app but at
> three diferents forms, fails.
>
> If I use qt works fine, but I've with qt libraries some problems with
> events (not raised in qt but raised in gtk) and I preffer gtk look and
> feell.
>
> I tryed to run this in lots of virtual machines whith 32 and 6b bits
> distros and allways got the same at the same place.
>
> Somebody knows something about this?
>
> Thanks in advance

Can you provide the project and be more precise? Which versions of Gambas on
which distribution, which error messages exactly, which events are not raised
with gb.qt, and so on...

Can't read mind yet! :-)

Benoît