[Gambas-user] GAMBAS2 APPLICATION WORKS FINE IN UBUNTU BUT NOT IN OPENSUSE/FEDORA

Ricardo Díaz Martín oceanosoftlapalma at ...626...
Tue Jun 2 15:03:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm going to deploy an appliction gambas2/mysql based in a freenx server
(i'm not sure if  I'll ubuntu server or other distros server yet). I
prefer ubuntu but maybe the customer say someone else. I've tryed to run
the app in last fedora/opensuse editions, but I got the same fail in
both.

The app run with gtk libraries, and when a I try to do something like
Table.Clear() (table is a gridview control) the app crash. At the
console, I can read something like "it's not an valid executable file"
or sometimes "/usr/lib64/thenameofmyapplication" not found.

The Clear() method works fine in other places at the same app but at
three diferents forms, fails.

If I use qt works fine, but I've with qt libraries some problems with
events (not raised in qt but raised in gtk) and I preffer gtk look and
feell.

I tryed to run this in lots of virtual machines whith 32 and 6b bits
distros and allways got the same at the same place.

Somebody knows something about this?

Thanks in advance