[Gambas-user] Executable files

Tue Jun 2 07:30:24 CEST 2009

richard terry ha scritto:
> On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 12:39:13 pm Keith Clark wrote:
>
>> I have made my first Executable file via the Project menu item and it
>> created a file.gambas file.
>>
>> I sent that to another computer, but it won't execute.  Do I need to
>> install gambas on every machine that I want to run gambas created
>> executables on?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Keith
>>

> yes

Well, yes and no. To run a gambas executable you only need the gambas
runtime - basically /usr/bin/gbr2 , and support files in /usr/lib and
/usr/share. On a Debian system the package is named "gambas2-runtime";
you should also install every component used by the application: they
are named "gambas2-gb-xxx"; for example, "gambas2-gb-gtk" and so on.

If you want to install the minimum required to run your application, do
so. If you also install gambas2-dev, you also have the compiler; if you
install gambas2-doc, you add the documentation (32 Mb); if you install
gambas2-ide you also have the IDE. If you install the "gambas2" package,
you get everything. So a shortcut culd be to select "gambas2" for
install, and then unselect the docs, the compiler and the IDE.

This in a Debian system - don't know about other OSes, or when installed
from sources.

Doriano Blengino

"Listen twice before you speak.
This is why we have two ears, but only one mouth."