[Gambas-user] need some helping hand for crypting

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...9...
Mon Jul 20 22:20:18 CEST 2009

Am Montag, den 20.07.2009, 22:05 +0200 schrieb Jean-Yves F. Barbier:
-------------------- 8< ------------------------------------------------
> > Yes, thats what I mean , with a name on. And another idea cam up, to
> > enclose it as an component.
>
> NO: it is not a crypto, it's just obfuscation.
> If you want to make a component, make it strong (i.e.: generate a
> non-password
> RSA key and use temporary files to encrypt/decrypt (AFAIK, openssl
> can't act on
> a string but only on files)

Ok, your right, component is not necessary, because if one use the
debugger to find the pw, a gambas component is not really a limit.
But perhaps I will do it as an component, so others can use it also.

We will see.

Thanks
Charlie