[Gambas-user] need some helping hand for crypting

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at ...626...
Mon Jul 20 22:05:23 CEST 2009

Charlie Reinl a écrit :
> Am Montag, den 20.07.2009, 20:59 +0200 schrieb Jean-Yves F. Barbier:
>> Charlie Reinl a écrit :
>>> my problem is , the project should be able to deal with all possible
>>> DB's.
>>> And I don't want to force a possible user to install more then gambas.
>>>
>>> And I know, that while dealing with open source, anybody can have a look
>>> and debug that application, to find the pw.
>>>
>>> So what rest for me, is not to show the key user/pw in the first look to
>>> it.
>>>
>>> Think about, zipping the xml, crypting the pw by one of the easy and
>>> unsure ways to go away from plain text, or both?
>> or you can implement a ROT13 coding (not that strong, but very easy to achieve)
>>
> Yes, thats what I mean , with a name on. And another idea cam up, to
> enclose it as an component.

NO: it is not a crypto, it's just obfuscation.
If you want to make a component, make it strong (i.e.: generate a non-password
RSA key and use temporary files to encrypt/decrypt (AFAIK, openssl can't act on
a string but only on files)

--
I'm GLAD I remembered to XEROX all my UNDERSHIRTS!!