[Gambas-user] PictureDatabase with PostgreSQL

Pino Zollo pinozollo at ...626...
Fri Jul 17 15:36:27 CEST 2009

Il mercoledì 15 luglio 2009 18:09:51 richard terry ha scritto:
> > By the time I was reading the PosgreSQL  documentation. There it explains
> > a totally different way of handling blobs.
> >
> > They use the internal function pg_lo_import to import into the DB a large
> > object.
> > This returns a pointer OID that is actually written into the db table.
> >
> > I am going to experiments both ways...I will let you know how it goes.
>
> Please do.

Hi Richards and friends of the list,

On http://www.qsl.net/zp4kfx/Linux/GAMBAS

I have uploaded a version of the example PictureDatabase that works with
PosgreSQL using its OID.

The code is quick and dirty but works...
Some good soul might wish to clean it and, maybe, let it use more GAMBAS DB
functions.

It just takes to change the hardcoded user and password.

Best regards

Pino

--
Key ID: 0xF6768208
Key fingerprint = B16D 0A7C 5B29 A334 CE6A  71F6 EAF8 3D88 F676 8208