[Gambas-user] PictureDatabase with PostgreSQL

Rolf Schmidt rolf.frogs at ...221...
Wed Jul 15 09:33:08 CEST 2009

Hi Pino,

> I am trying to use the example "PictureDatabase" with PostgreSQL but I get
> the following error:
>
> "Invalid byte sequence for encoding UTF-8"

In Debian, the PostgreSQL database will created on install-time with the
charset of the root, usually of the national language.

I have had this problem as well. What I did was:
as root of course
- uninstall PostgreSQL
- manually: unset LANGUAGE; unset LANG
  The environment varialbes will be setup correctly at the next login.
- reinstall PostgrSQL.

Now you can create Databases with PostgrSQL each in a different language, not
only in utf-8.

Hope this helps
Rolf