[Gambas-user] Can I use the mousewheel to control system audio volume?

Stefano Palmeri rospolosco at ...152...
Sun Jul 12 01:30:26 CEST 2009

Il sabato 11 luglio 2009 23:58:03 Marc Carson ha scritto:
> I would like to create a program that increments/decrements the system
> master audio volume if the mouse's mousewheel is scrolled up/down, in
> combination with a hotkey (like ctrl+shift+mousewheel).
>
> Is this possible in Gambas? I see that the mousewheel can be detected,
> but I don't see anything about up or down. I also see volume-related
> items in SDL but I'm not sure if this is necessary to use or if there's
> some better component for the task.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Marc

PUBLIC SUB Form_MouseWheel()

  SELECT CASE Mouse.delta

    CASE 1
        PRINT "mouse wheel up"
    CASE -1
         PRINT "mouse wheel down"

  END SELECT

END

I don't know about sdl. You could use aumix. i.e

SHELL "aumix -v +5" WAIT

increase the current main volume by 5 points.

SHELL "aumix -v -25" WAIT

decrease the current main volume by 25 points.

SHELL "aumix -v 100" WAIT

set the volume to the maximum. Et cetera...

See aumix --help and do some experiments.

P.S. I'm not sure thet aumix is on all GNU/linux systems around ;-)

Ciao.