[Gambas-user] something need to be done with the compiler

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jul 7 23:17:09 CEST 2009

> I have been trying learn gambas for a month  now , I quite happy with it
> other than the compiler .
> the compiler just too stupid . when I code a program and some time typo or
> forget the fill a parameter of a function , the compiler just ignore it .
>
> I spend more time to trace such stupid problem on run time  . try to image
> you get weird exception from your program and the problem is some typo you
> made or made by others. the program you made will be full of unknown bugs
> that not yet discover
>
> this is really giving huge problem for anyone want to use gambas to develop
> a program .
>
> the compiler should check all these problem and show warning as what a
> normal compiler should do.

The compiler could warn only when calling a function in the same class. I may
add that check.

But, as I explained before, it cannot do anything for call between two
different classes.

But when you enter a function call, the IDE shows you the syntax of the
function in a tooltip, so I don't understand how you could forget an argument
too often.

Benoît