[Gambas-user] Broken dependencies in Ubuntu 8.04 packages

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Jan 29 20:34:29 CET 2009

On Thursday 29 January 2009 09:38, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> xdg-utils are just shell scripts. These scripts detect the current
> desktop environment when they are run, and execute desktop-specific
> commands according to what they detected.
> So making them depends on X11 or any desktop environment is a mistake
> IMHO.

Well, it turns out I was misunderstanding Aptitude and those are
only "recommended" packages for xdg-utils.  So the only real issues are
gambas2-gb-db requiring gambas2-gb-form and gambas2-gb-qt-ext, and gb.gui
requiring both gambas2-gb-gtk and gambas2-gb-qt (instead of just one or the
other.)

Rob