[Gambas-user] Ask about gambas runtime

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Wed Jan 28 12:48:31 CET 2009

On Wednesday 28 January 2009, Leo Sendra wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> I have a gambas program. I develop it using Gambas2.7 on Ubuntu 8.04.
> I make an installation package, so the program can be install in other Ubuntu 8.04 computer.
> I have made an installation package (deb package) and I install it in other Ubuntu computer.
> After install some lib and gambas-runtime and etc...
> I have an error...
>
> The error message is:
> "This Application has raised an unexpected error and must abort. [-1] No keyboard event data."
>
> I am really confused about this problem. This program can run well in my computer (development computer).
> But, it can't run in deployment computer. Is there a problem with gambas-runtime version or other libraries???
> Or is there unknown problem?? How to handle it??
>
> Please tell me the solution immediately...
>
> Thank you...

Hi Leo,

The solution immediately...

The only good one is to install on the deployment computer
the gambas development package and your program source.
Including the develop packages for libraries used in your application.
Compile your program. Then you can deinstall those develop packages again
if you want.

Exact to tell what in your case is wrong is difficult.
You have on yor box something different then the deployment box.
This can be different keyboard (usb versus ps2) and/or installed drivers.
Also the difference Gnome updates can have influence.
May be he is using sim (input method) and you don't.

Anyway your error message is not suuficient ATM.
Some more error messages you can find in (may be and not must)
  .xsession-errors in the user home directory
  /var/log/messages
  /var/log/dmesg

Don't forget there can be a big difference in the real ubuntu
version on both computers depite the install base is the same.
This by later installed programs on your or the other computer.
Also difference aplly of updates counts.