[Gambas-user] make install errors

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jan 27 18:09:30 CET 2009

On mardi 27 janvier 2009, Ron_1st wrote:
> > gb.xml
> > gb.xml.rpc
> > gb.xml.xslt
> > Installing the components...
> > Compiling gb.settings...
> > OK
> > Installing gb.settings...
> > Compiling gb.info...
> > OK
> > Installing gb.info...
> > Compiling gb.form...
> > Cannot read component list file:
> > /root/.local/share/gambas3/info/gb.form.list
> > /root/src/gambas/trunk/comp/src/gb.form/Balloon.class:5: Unknown
> > identifier: Control
>
> Done with new svn in home/ron/src/gambas/trunk
> Still same errors.
> Conclusion till now is that there are problems with components written in
> gambas. Creatimg the info and list files does not work correct.
> In the /usr/local/share/gambas3/info directory I see strange things
> First only gb.form.dialog.info and .list
> Second zero length files for
> gb.gtk.info .list
> gb.gui.info .list
> gb.qt.info .list
>

> end of configure gambas3 from svn is:
> THESE COMPONENTS ARE DISABLED:
> - gb.cairo
> - gb.corba
> - gb.qt4
> - gb.qte
>
> end of configure gambas2.10 from tarball is:
> THESE COMPONENTS ARE DISABLED:
> - gb.qt4
> - gb.qte
> (For gambas2 Ihave not done the 'make install')
>

> root at ...1311...:/home/ron/src/gambas3/trunk# cat configure1.log | grep
> 'component ' checking for foreign function interface component with
> pkg-config... no checking for SQLite 3 driver component with pkg-config...
> OK
> checking for GTK+ toolkit component with pkg-config... OK
> checking for GTK+ component component with pkg-config... OK
> checking for SVG loader for GTK+ component with pkg-config... OK
> checking for Poppler PDF library component with pkg-config... OK
> checking for Networking component headers...
> checking for Networking component libraries...
> checking for Advanced networking component component with pkg-config... OK
> checking for STMP client component with pkg-config... OK
> checking for Perl Compatible Regular Expression component headers...
> /usr/include/ checking for Perl Compatible Regular Expression component
> libraries... /usr/lib/ checking for QT component component with
> pkg-config... OK
> checking for QT OpenGL component headers... /usr/include/GL/
> checking for QT OpenGL component libraries... /usr/lib/
> checking for QT/Embedded component headers... /usr/include/qt3/
> checking for QT/Embedded component libraries... no
> checking for QT component component with pkg-config... OK
> checking for KDE 3.x component headers... /usr/include/kde/
> checking for KDE 3.x component libraries... /usr/lib/
> checking for XML parser component component with pkg-config... OK
> [...]

There was a syntax error in gb.db.mysql I just fixed, but it is not related to
your problems.

The gb.desktop.gnome missing library (gnome-keyring-1) does not prevent
gb.desktop to be compiled. It will just prevent gb.desktop to store password
in the Gnome keyring.

So I suggest that you delete your Gambas directory, do a checkout from start,
and compile everything again!

Benoit Minisini